The Story of the company Carl Wilhelm Clasen starts in Hamburg.
In the upcoming Hanseatic city the harbour expands – optimum frame conditions to establish the Carl Wilhelm Clasen company that is named by it’s founder.
- The legal company indication changes from sole proprietorship into Carl Wilhelm Clasen GmbH, a limited company form. The company focuses on world wide trading especially with nuts, pistachios and dried fruits.
- At the beginning of January the administration moves to new office building in Ottensen, a waterfront quarter.
Affiliation agreement between C.W.C. Trading GmbH and Lauenburgischen Gewürzmühle und Rösterei GmbH & Co. KG (LGR), which is located east of Hamburg in Elmenhorst-Lanken.
C.W. Clasen achieves the organic certification and is now qualified to deal with organic grown products.
Every yearly control since then was without claim. The checks take place without previous notice and they imply the whole chain from the cultivation until the shelves in the shops. Organic traders have to be certified in order to deal with organic goods.
LGR takes over a pack station and enlarges its capacity. In detail the hall where the roasting takes place is enlarged and the open space between this hall and the acquired pack station is overbuild.
The trade marks Pleasure Island and Tropical Island are official registered.
- The company subsidiary Lauenburgische Gewürzmühle und Rösterei GmbH & Co. KG (LGR) achieves the organic certification.
C.W.Clasen celebrates it’s 50th birthday and can look back to an eventful and successful company history.
The quality and sanitation demand of Lauenburgischen Gewürzmühle und Rösterei GmbH & Co. KG (LGR) is proofed by the IFS (International Food Standard) certification. This standard accurately defined the demands on food security and bases on national and European laws and standards.
- The brand CLASEN BIO is launched. The brand CLASEN BIO stands for strong quality principles. All CLASEN BIO products are made and processed according to the EU regulation for ecological farming what means they originate from ecological farming without exception.
CLASEN gets a new global targeted organization structure.
Since December the new trade mark CLASEN PREMIUM provides for exclusive pleasure of premium nuts and dried fruits in useful small 70g bags.
The brand CLASEN Bio is relaunched.
The appearance of CLASEN BIO is recreated and now correlates to contemporary design requirements.
On the first of July, the administration moved to new office premises on the outskirts of Hamburg.
This was made necessary by the extensive and prolonged construction work on the A7 and resulting traffic conditions when driving into Hamburg.
- Carl Wilhelm Clasen is celebrating its 60th anniversary. A generation change in management will ensure its continuity.